tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 30 08:08:17 1996

Re: KLBC: TKD page 38

> The second example of a verb using {moH} is a command.  Does the "something"
> within the parenthesis mean that I can use a direct object in that type of
> sentence.  If I do, aren't I using a double object construction?  May I use
> transitive and intransitive verbs?

	From what I see (and by all means *please* don't take my word for
it), it looks like there is only an object in the imperitive sense.
Actually, all that example is is a verb with a suffix and a prefix.

	So, by my way of thinking (which isn't up to snuff yet, right
Qov?) you could easily put a direct object in there:

HIQoymoH Ha'DIbaH!  (let me hear the animal)

Comments from the Grammarians?  jIqImrup....

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level