tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 28 20:51:29 1996

Re: KLBC: Shakespear

HIQoy,

> "Cry havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!"
> mIS yIjaH, 'ej veS targhmey tIQeyHa'choHmoH!
> QIH yIjaH, 'ej veS targhmey tIQeyHa'choHmoH!

	OK, I can follow this until I hit <targhmey>.  I know <-mey> is
"many" or "scattered about", but I cannot for the life of me decipher
<targh->.  Help?

> "Have we not heard the chimes at midnight?"
> ramjep *chime*-mey DIQoybe''a'?
> I was not sure how to best translate "chimes." There was nothing even
> remotely close.

	Looking up "warning" <ghuHmoH>, I found that it was a compounding
of ugly <moH> and alert <ghuH>.  So, for "chimes", I would suggest:

ghuHQuchmey (happy alerts)
or
ghuH'IHmey (alerts that are beautiful)

	SuSaH?

> "To be, or not to be."
> yIn, yInbe'ghach ghap

	Again, I can follow up to a point.  Why does <ghach> have to be
there, and what the mIghwI' is it??  Again, I can't find it in my search
through TKD.

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level