tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 28 12:56:06 1996

Kahless the Unforgettable (was Re: lut)

>for Kahless the unforgettable, I have used  qeylIS lIjlaHHa'
>would putting -laH on the verb make it stative so it could be used as an
>adjective?
>
>DloraH

Use -laHbe' instead of -laHHa'. Actually, we do have canon from Okrand:
qeylIS lIjlaHbe'bogh vay' (i.e. Kahless, whom someone cannot forget)
from Skybox card S8 ("bat'telh, Klingon Sword of Honor"). You have to
specify *who* cannot forget him since it obviously cannot be Kahless
himself. If you're interested, the complete quotation is:
    nuja' tlhIngan wIch ja'wI'pu' yIntaHvIS qeylIS'e' lIjlaHbe'bogh
    	vay' batlh 'etlhvam chenmoHlu'pu'.
    According to Klingon legend, this sword of honor descends from
    	the time of Kahless the Unforgettable.

batlh bIghItlhjaj!

Voragh.

Back to archive top level