tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 28 05:58:16 1996

KLBC: Road

I'm naming rooms on DeepSpaceMUSE (dsmuse.binghamton.edu 1701, apologies
for this shameless plug :) and I was wondering how I should call the
area that connects one location to another and where people walk over
or drive over to change their location. I'd be most interested in
many well-sounding alternatives {{;)

Now for my, obviously error-less :P examples to you all:
place where warriors travel
	pa' lulengbogh SuvwI'pu'

	room where fighters travel
Note: could or should I attach {-Daq} or {-vo'} to {pa'} to make
clear the action is around/in/at/over/from/to the room?

place over which humanoids walk

	pa' yItbogh yoqpu'

	room where humanoids walk

Note:same as above, and is {-pu'} correct, or is {-mey}
more apporpiate? After all, I'm not sure if all humanoids
that walk here can actually use language and perhaps
klingons go for the greatest mean denominator (sp?), so
declare all {-mey}.
And is it possible to express the difference between
'over which' and 'where', the first one giving the location
a more passive role? Without making 6 subclauses and/or
sentences I mean.

not-sitting place

	pa' ba'Ha'ghach

location from which you can depart

	Daqvo' tlheDlaHbogh

You may now look at these sentences and, if you dare,
offer alternatives {{;) or {DaDubbe'chugh vaj bIHegh!}

On a non-related note, are there regular times people
are online on the MUSH? If not, it might be a good idea
to make, say, friday night or saturday night a weekly
get-together time, so that I don't drop in when exactly
no-one is present.

jejQIb
Qo'noS wo' 'ampaS pIn'a'
Kronos Imperial Academy Dean