tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 26 19:42:24 1996

RE: KLBC - write

November 25, 1996 6:21 PM, jatlh qeyloS:

> Regarding "write" what I'm trying to say is something like "I'm writing you
> a note/letter/message."
>
> I didn't want to say I"m writing you because that would translate to "I'm
> marking upon you".  Ummmm not quite what I'm trying to say.

Quite right.

> I could have said "I"m writing a message for you benifit:
> SoHvaD "letter" vIghItlhtaH.
> but I can't find any of the words note/letter/message.

Well, if you're talking about e-mail, you can use the word {jabbI'ID}.

If you're talking about a hand-written note, consider for a moment whether or
not you actually *need* a noun.  Why not just say {SoHvaD jIghItlh}?

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96906.0

Back to archive top level