tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 15:01:08 1996

RE: KLBC: nuq

vIng HurghwI':

>  What's wrong with the OTHER translation I offered which everyone has
>  ignored?
>  DaH maHvaD Ha'DIbaHmeylIj HI'ang!
>  "Show your meats to us now!"

What's wrong is that it really should be {DaH maHvaD Ha'DIbaHlIj tI'ang}.  I'd
also (grudgingly) accept {DaH Ha'DIbaHlIj gho'ang}.

Whether {Ha'DIbaH} is made explicitly plural is irrelevant.  There are
obviously going to be more than one (in the context), otherwise one would not
bother even uttering this sentence.  What I've changed, though is the verb
prefixes.  What you had written came out more like "Show me your meats to us
now."

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96889.5