tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 08:08:01 1996

KLBC: Statements for book

As some of you already know I have been in the process of writing a book to
submit to Pocket Books/Paramount.  Its topic is Klingon Martial Arts.
Having already fleshed out what I want in the history and traditions
section I want to make sure what is said is correct with tlhIngan-Hol.

Klingon Sparring Traditions:
When ghojwI'pu' are ready to qeq SuvmeH (fighting for the purpose of
practice) the DevwI' (one who leads/goes before) makes the following
statement:
     choSuvrup'a'
This means "Are you prepared to fight me?"
The tlha'wI' ( one who follows/comes after) then issues the following reply
when ready:
     qaSuvrup
This means "I am prepared to fight you!"  Immediatly after this reply is
issued SuvlI' (fighting) begins.

This is a small section of ideas I am trying to communicate any and all
help is appreciated.

Qapla'
may'qal ro'  ghojmoHwI'

Back to archive top level