tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 16 16:00:25 1996

RE: KLBC a phrase about Honor

Here you said in answer to my "That which virtue joins death cannot sepatate":
>vay''e' muvmoHbogh ghob chevlaHbe' Hegh.
>Death is not able to separate something which virtue causes to join.

I read this (confused) as:
Which cause to join something Death cannot separate ethics.
See my other questions on syntax confusion.

I would say (probally wrong):
numuvmoHta'bogh ghob 'e' chevlaHbe' Hegh.
Death cannot separate that which virtue did cause us to join. Using 'e'
With this translation maybe "tay'" is better as you said.

I know you said to drop {'e'} but I have to admite that i'm confused.

bijatlh:
>I'm not sure if {muv} is transitive or not.
BTW what is the difference between transitive stative???

Side note, I'm trying to decide on a name. I've used Kalos before and would
like to stick with it but it doesn't fit thlingan spelling. Keeping with the
english spelling "Kalos" should I spell it "QaloS" or "QayloS".  Which would
look better, either way I don't  believe they mean anything which is fine by me.

qatlho',

Ken/Kalos
[email protected]

Back to archive top level