tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 16 16:00:05 1996

RE: KLBC May you suceed with your work.

>jatlh Ken N.:
>
>>  May you suceed at (with/in) your work.
>>
>>  vumlIj'e' biQapjaj
>
>Not bad, but there are a few things to work on.
>
>{vum} is a verb, not a noun.  Usually, one can use the word {Qu'} for this
as a noun, or use {vum} as a verb.

>Here's one way to say your sentence:
>
>Qu'lIjvaD bIQapjaj.
>
>I added the {-vaD} because your "work" is what is receiving the result of the
>action, of "succeeding."  Literally, it's "May you succeed for the benefit of
>your task."

Good but it looses what I'm triying to say. May your project (work) be
sucessful. May you complete your work.  etc...

>There's another good way to say this:
>
>bIvumchu'jaj!
>May you work perfectly!

Okay??????? I don't understand this reference.

>Finally, the typical way for a Klingon to express this sentiment:
>
>Qapla'!
>Success!

I like it and have used it but here I'm tring to let work (I think) be the
subject (again I think). Should I have said:
Qapjaj Qu'lIj

>SuStel
>Beginners' Grammarian
>Stardate 96873.