tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 16 15:54:38 1996

RE: RE: KLBC:Quotes

jatlh charghwI':

>  <muHoHbewI'
>  > >  muHoSmoHbej.>
>
>  Ewwwwwww! vIHotQo'! yIHmey rur!

rut yIHmey ghom Hoch

>  > Beyond a missing glottal stop and the <*gasp*> horrible breaking of trust

>  >  on
>  > your part, this is a good translation.
>
>  !!!?????!!!! nuq? nuqjatlh?
>  I'm speechless.

Sorry, it was a long night, and my thought processes were slowing.  Let me
clarify.  This is *not* a good translation.  yabwIjDaq HIvqa' veqlargh!

Assuming ~mark is right, in that you cannot put {-wI'} on a verb with a
prefix, then what you've done is simply outright wrong.

If you *can* do it (which I am really unsure of now), then there's another
problem.  *{muHoHbe'wI' muHoSmoHbe'bej} doesn't have the object prefix
matching the object.  The prefix says the object should be "me," but the
object is a thing.

mu'tlheghvamqoq yIlIjbej!

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian