tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 15 18:48:57 1996

Re: help with this.

Denny Shortliffe writes:
>BTW, I don't find that the sounds {q} and {Q} are quite so clearly
>distinguishable as has been stated.  It depends on the individual speaker,
>I find.  But then, I haven't had a lot of practise listening to spoken
>Klingon (just the tapes).

It certainly depends on the speaker, but it can depend on the listener
too.  I distinctly hear the difference between {q} and {Q} on the tapes.
It's very similar to the difference I hear between the initial sounds of
the words "two" and "chew".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level