tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 15 15:30:13 1996

RE: tlhIngan Hol in

jatlh Qorbeq:

>  (err ... regarding {ghItlh} ... should it be used like a "verb of saying",
>  meaning that I should have said {"xxx" bIghItlh} or should it be used with
>  an object ?? SFX - creak of a can opener ...)

And the answer is . . . *shrug*.

Well, actually, I'd guess that {ghItlh} should take an object.  It refers to
the act of putting things on paper (and maybe typing, I don't know).  This is
why I use {jatlh}.  You're not tempted to try to use it as a verb of speaking.

Quite simply, Marc Okrand wasn't thinking of the Internet when he invented the
language . . .

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96876.0