tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 13 16:58:07 1996

RE: Quotes

jatlh ~mark:

>  Nick is fond of "Dotlh puj"/weak status for "state of being weak."  It
>  works fairly well.

Yes, I've discussed this with Nick.  He's probably humoring me in accepting it
(I'm editing somewhat voraciously :).

Although I know what it's supposed to mean, I can't help wondering if {Dotlh
puj} is indicating that his status is weak, not that his status is that he is
weak.

Actually, this came about when he used {Dotlh Quch} for "happiness."  I
challenged that, saying that it's the person who is happy, not his status.
His status has no emotions at all.

SuStel
BG
Stardate 96870.6