tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 16:37:57 1996

Re: <K'>vaD ghItlhlu''a'?

At 03:44 PM 11/14/96 -0800, Adrian (HurghwI') wrote:
>>When I wrote that message I assumed (and had the right to assume) that we
>>were talking about tlhIngan Hol here. Naming conventions using tlhIngan Hol.
>>This is a tlhIngan Hol mailing list, is it not?
>
>If we're using tlhIngan Hol naming conventions, why don't you change your name?

Ack.

As was stated in this mailing list before (by whom, I don't know): Names
(assumingly names given to people who speak tlhIngan Hol) don't have to make
any sense whatsoever.

"mayq" is using the LEGAL letters in the transliterated alphabet (Roman
without the accents and whatnot) -- it's like the name "Ashna" (in this
case, the name of an English speaker): it uses the allowable letters of the
English alphabet, doesn't make any sense in English, and none of the
syllables in that name are used in English words. i.e. There is no word with
the consonant cluster "shn" in English as far as I know. Stuff like that.

You don't see names like Em�l�� in English. (I'm just using those accents as
an example. In case you couldn't see the accents, the first two were "i"'s
with the accent "grave" (sorry, I only know the French term for it) and one
"o" at the end with those two dots above it.)

-mayq

Back to archive top level