tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 13 21:28:41 1996

Re: YATNT (Yet Another Tlhingan-hol Name Translation)

K'Pach (Lee Lewis) writes:
>However, the first point of linguistics is to communicate information
>or concept.  I have great respect for foreigners who  come to our
>country and, even though they slaughter the English language, they
>get their point across.  Eventually, with time and practice, they
>will work out the rough spots they can slaughter the language
>properly.

Unfortunately, once someone can get the point across, the incentive
to learn is greatly reduced.  If the correct grammar isn't constantly
waved in his face (if not actually forced down his throat), he's not
going to get better very fast.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level