tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 16:38:29 1996

Re: qutluch

After looking at  TKW pg 102 I find that the knife in question is not the
same as the ones used in other areas of ST:TNG, ST:DS9.   The qutluch is
smaller and has a less pronounced diamond shaped blade, and the prongs are
smaller.  Thus the qutluch and d'q tagh are separate weapons.  After
handling both of these I can tell you that their uses would have to be
different.  the qutluch is smaller and lighter and would have to be stuck
in between weaknesses in Klingon armor.  Hence its use by Klingon
assassins.

Now before anyone flies off the handle here and say that no Klingon would
do such a thing, remember that all cultures have within them the fringe
groups that do things in ways that are not accepted by the norm.  For
example Japanese Samurai and Ninja, both grew up in the same culture but
developed different methods and ideologies.

Back to archive top level