tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 10:38:59 1996

KLBC: You can't get there from here...

I was trying to come up with a translation for "you can't get there from
here" on my way home for lunch.  I guess it wouldn't be a particularly
Klingon thing to say, unless, of course, the Klingon was from Maine or
Vermont....

K:  Daqvam SoHchugh, vaj Daqvetlh DaghoSlaHbe'.
or
K:  naDev SoHchugh, vaj pa' DaghoSlaHbe'.

E:  If you are here, you can't go there.

or perhaps I should use <leng> as the verb???

I like the ring of the >Daqvam</>Daqvetlh< version better than the
>naDev</>pa'< version.  I'd like to get rid of the whole "if" part of it.
Is there a way to express from/to in Klingon?

QaHrajvaD qatlho'.

96867.2
Perry J. Brulotte
[email protected]