tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 10:37:28 1996

Re: Translation

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:32:49 -0800 "Adrian (HurghwI')"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I sent this earlier as KLBC, but since SuStel seems to be busy, feel free to
> reply to it.
>
> "No matter where you go, there you are."
> ram Daq DajaHbogh pa' jIHtaHmo'

First of all, I'd recommend against walking up to a fully armed
Klingon and asking him how to translate that. You might get hurt.

Second, if a Klingon scholar were to read it and seek to
translate it, he'd likely shrug and say:

ramqu' DaqlIj.

Otherwise, it reduces to the ridiculous:

DaqlIj 'oH DaqlIj'e'.

Which is why you might get hurt. It just sounds suspicious, like
you are jabbering just to gain my attention while your friends
sneak up behind me. This makes it important for me to dispatch
with you in time to prepare for their attack.

> -Adrian K (aka HurghwI')

charghwI'

Back to archive top level