tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 17:53:37 1996

Re: vIttlhegh vImugh

~mark writes:
>Why isn't it grammatical?  I have "yIb" as a noun, as is "nav", making it
>a standard N-N compound.

When I put together my annotated dictionary, I seem to have miscopied
{yIb} as a verb -- probably because the entry immediately below "vent"
in the English-Klingon side of TKD is "verb". :-(

>Of course, a Paramount writer with an itchy apostrophe finger would just
>designate the Klingon word for Duct Tape to be M'gyv'r and have done with
>it.

(What's the smiley for "rolling eyes"? :-D)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level