tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 08 16:28:20 1996

RE: KLBC:De'wI' ghaj jIH

Stardate 96856.0 jatlh 'aDam:

>  vItlhutlh
>  i'm drinking

If you use the prefix {vI-}, there has to be an object.  If just want to say
"I drink," you don't use an object.  You just say {jItlhutlh}.  (Find that
verb suffix on the table on TKD 33.)  If you're drinking ale, you would say
{HIq vItlhutlh}. See?

Also, the concept of "I am drinking" usually means that the action is
continuous or ongoing.    You might consider using one of the following verb
suffixes: {-taH} or {lI'}.  If you are drinking and you know at what point
you're going to stop, then you say {jItlhutlhlI'}.  If the drinking is
continuous and you don't know or care when you're going to stop, then you say
{jItlhutlhtaH}.

>  pu' vIghaj
>  i have a phaser

majQa'!

>  vIQob
>  i'm dangerous

Same as your first sentence.  Again, there is no object in this sentence.
You're not "being dangerous something," you're just "being dangerous."
{jIQub}.

>  Qagh vI*made*
>  I made a mistake(how do i say *made*?

Although {Qagh} is a noun, it is also a verb.  {Qagh} means "err" or "make a
mistake."  So, to say "I made a mistake," you just say {jIQagh}.

tlhIngan Hol DaHaD 'e' yImev!  bIDubbej!

SuStel
Stardate 96856.79

Back to archive top level