tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 18:01:02 1996

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 744

Thus spake you, [email protected]:

> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 20:03:38 -0500
> From: [email protected] (Alan Anderson)
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: RE: KLBC: Two quick questions

> ghItlh charghwI':
> >> What is the proper spelling of the word for "expensive", {wagh} or {waH}?
> >If anyone finds that the New Words list is definitely misspelled
> >on this, definitely let me know directly. I think this is one of
> >those words that we have never seen spelled.

> *I* heard {waH}.

Er, I heard wagh, and quite distinctively at that. (wagh is also what I've
been using consistently in my work.) I hope this won't be settled by
plebiscite! :-)

nIchyon jIH, 'ej DaHjaj 'ughHa' qamDu'wIj jIyIttaHvIS, Armin Shimernan naD
vIlaDpu'mo'.

--
http://daemon.apana.org.au/~opoudjis          NICK NICHOLAS;  LINGUISTICS,
UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE              [email protected]

Back to archive top level