tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 09:38:50 1996

KLBC

Here is my first try at expressing some (very basic) thoughts in tlhIngan
Hol.  Let me know how I do.

tera'ngan jiH.  <I am a Terran.>

tlhIngan Hol jIghojtahmo' suvwI'pu' Hol 'oh.  <I am learning
(continuously) the Klingon language because it is the language of warriors.>

jatlhchu' jIneH.  <I want to speak clearly.>

qep'a' wejDIchdaq jIjaHchugh yap huchwIj.  <I will go to the Third Great
Meeting if my money is sufficient.>

tugh jIwuq.  <Soon I will decide.>

I am looking forward to your critiques!  Also, I have noted the custom of
people assuming "Klingon names" here.  After much searching, I am
considering calling myself: qejwI', as in "The Grouchy One", or "He who
is grouchy".  (Those who know me best say this would be appropriate.)
Opinions anyone?

One further question:  how would you say the "fencer" in tlhIngan Hol (as
in someone who fights using a sword)?  Everything I've come up with so far
has been a whole sentence.

Thomas M. Zeman                         " reH nuHmey tu'lu' "

Chairman, Connecticut Division, United States Fencing Association
Prime Minister, Fat Dog Fencing Club, Wallingford, CT

University of Bridgeport:  Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
EMAIL:  [email protected]  and/or  [email protected]
PGP Public Key:  0145FDE5  (Keyfile available upon request)

Back to archive top level