tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 27 10:14:29 1996

KLBC:{-Daq} (was Re:KLBC:Name that Song)

At 10:13 PM 5/23/96 -0700, you wrote:
>beHwI"av writes:

>>But for "in", revering to places, "In the US..." you can write {*us*Daq},
>>right?
>
>That's my point -- you don't translate the *word* "in", you translate the
>*idea* of being in (or at, or on, or to, or...) by using a special suffix
>on a noun.
>
>You understand "in"; now try "under". :]

Well I know I can't use {bIng} because it means "under, area under", so I
couldn't translate "I sit under the ground" as {yav bIng jIba'}(I know that
{wutlh} is underground), but I could say {yavqoqDaq bIng jIba'}, or not?

Qapla'

beHwI"av (I have a feeling that I'm starting to ask you and others to many
questions, I'm sorry if I seem to eager, but I want to know everything I can
learn, or you can teach me.)

Back to archive top level