tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 24 12:55:18 1996

Re: naj wovwI'

According to Robyn Stewart:

> & > >ja'chuqlaw' 'ej vIqagh vIneHbe'.  juppu'wI' tlhIH je chaH 'e' vISov.
> & >
> & > "tlhIH chaH je" qar'a'?
> &
> & {... 'ej jIqagh vIneHbe'.} qar'a'? And the second sentence
> & already makes sense as "I know that they are you and my
> & friends." If you move {je}, since {chaH} is being treated as a
> & verb here, then {je} becomes adverbial ...
>
> charghwI' has interpreted the sentence the way I wrote it, but
> it is obviously confusing.  I should have said.  tlhIH chaH 'e' vISov
> 'ej juppu'wI' tlhIH 'e' vI...qel?  (I want "consider.")

Nope. Remember that {'e'} is a pronoun which represent an
entire sentence. So where is the sentence here that {'e'}
represents? It looks as if it represents {tlhIH chaH}. If this
is what you want, then since {chaH} has no Type 5 {-'e'}
suffix, it must be the verb and {tlhIH} must be its subject. "I
know that you are them." Is that want you wanted? If so, I
think you would have done much better to say something like
{nuvpu'vetlh tlhIH 'e' vISov}. "I know that you are those
persons." It would just be a lot less confusing than stringing
two pronouns together.

> tuyajlaw'mo' jIQuchqu'.  qechmey chu' vIQummeH HolwIj chu'
> vIlo'laHlaw'.  Holna' 'oHbej!

Holna' 'oHba'. Holna' 'oHta' 'ej 'oHtaH.

> Oh, and thank you both for your *excellent* explanations of roaming
> adverbs.   cha'DIch mu'tlheghDaq 'oH vIlanlaH DaH 'e' vIyaj.

maj.

> & > ~mark
> &
> & charghwI'