tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 22 18:02:37 1996

Re: tlhIngan version of <Huchmay' Quj>

>This may be old news, but has anyone put together a Scrabble game using pIqaD?
>Somewhere in my boxes of stuff I still have my Cyrillic version from my days at
>DLI (Defense Language Institute).  I suppose a pIqaD version would be equally
>useless in my locale, but it might make a good qep'a' activity.
>
>Brian D. Murphy

Actually, one has. I quote from the catalog the inimitable Glen Proechel
(a.k.a. "pIn tIn") sent me a month ago:

PACHMU': The Warrior's Sqr'bl
    The definitive parlor crossword board game in the original Klingon!
(A great Rite of Ascension gift for the warrior who has everything!)
Improve your vocabulary and amaze your friends! Board includes Bonus
Squares labeled Cloaking Device and Black Hole. PACHMU' derives from the
claw in the Klingon emblem, and translates as "Clawword." Tiles are
marked in both pIqaD and Romanized for easy reference. Game is finished
but will not go into production until we have a minimum number of orders.
    Advance orders ONLY: $25.00 plus s/h

Here's the address for those interested:
	Hovmey joj Hol DuSaQ
	Interstellar Language School
	P.O. Box 281
	Red Lake Falls, MN  56750
Phone: 	1-218-253-4149
Fax:	1-218-253-4389

I don't vouch for him, but I have dealt with Glen for a couple of years
now with mixed results. Ask him to send you his catalog. SOME of his
publications are interesting in spite of his--shall we say?--different
take on a few grammatical points.

(Any further discussion of Glen on the list will certainly provoke flames,
so you had best reply off-list!)

 Steven L. Boozer              | Who adheres slavishly to the order of words
 University of Chicago Library | or sentences in the original will meet with
 ----------------------------- | much difficulty;  his rendering will be
 [email protected]   | faulty and untrustworthy.      (Maimonides)

Back to archive top level