tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 19 01:18:52 1996

Re:KLBC: Here we go again

ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>>>     DaH qa'vIn HIqemqa'chugh, nujvo' jatlIj vIteq jay'!!

> This sentence was a bit strange to begin with.  Putting an imperative
> prefix {HI-} and the suffix {-chugh} on the same verb is definitely a
> weird concept to consider.  If I change it to {cho-} instead, I get:
> "If you again bring me coffee now, I will take off your $#@% tongue
> from [your] mouth!"  I think this was supposed to have the suffix {-Qo'}
> "refuse" instead of {-qa'} "again"; it would certainly make more sense
> to me that way.

Sheesh! I was only as far as a few honest mistakes away! I originally wanted
(I think) {choqembe'chugh}, but somehow the words changed from mind to
keyboard. I meant "If you _don't_ bring me my coffee now, I will remove your
$#@% tongue from your mouth!" I also obviously forgot the possessive suffixes
(suffices?) as well.

Oh, Qu'vatlh.   :)

Ford
       __  /  __  /  __  /  /  ____/  Daniel Noll aka Ford Prefect
      /   /  /   /  /   /  /  /       [email protected]
  __/    __/ __/__/ __/__/______/     Chaos: yIHo' 'ach yIQaw'

Back to archive top level