tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 18 20:41:11 1996

Re:KLBC: Here we go again

beHwI"av writes:
>>     DaH qa'vIn HIqemqa'chugh, nujvo' jatlIj vIteq jay'!!
>
>I was wondering if you said: "If {you} remove the {something} coffee now, or
>I remove your tongue from you mouth"

This sentence was a bit strange to begin with.  Putting an imperative
prefix {HI-} and the suffix {-chugh} on the same verb is definitely a
weird concept to consider.  If I change it to {cho-} instead, I get:
"If you again bring me coffee now, I will take off your $#@% tongue
from [your] mouth!"  I think this was supposed to have the suffix {-Qo'}
"refuse" instead of {-qa'} "again"; it would certainly make more sense
to me that way.

>What was that something {HIqem}, I could only find {HIq} = "liqour"?

It's the verb prefix {HI-} on the verb {qem}, the command "Bring me!"
As I said before, I think it was meant be {choqem} instead.  Actually,
I would prefer {jIHvaD Daqem}.

>Sorry for butting in Alan, but suddenly I saw the light and understood, at
>least part of, the words.

Yes, you got most of the words, and a good portion of the complete sentence!
(See, it makes sense if you don't try to read *all* of the words backwards.)