tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 19 01:33:39 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>> mughmeywIj vIghaj:
> {mugh} is a verb; we don't know that it can be used as a noun "translation".
> As a general practice, if I find I want to say something using an English
> noun that exists only as a verb in Klingon, I restate the idea using the
> verb.  Instead of "I have my translations," I'd say "I translated these
> words."  {mu'meyvam vImugh}

Actually, I originally intended to {ghach}ise the verb (what a disgusting way
to say that! :)) to make {mughghachmeywIj}. But I still like your translations!

>> jo' QIHvaD peQeHqu'
>> " (you plural) rage for the destruction of the machine! "
> Pretty good.
> I might try {jo' QIHmeH peQeHqu'} "Rage in order to destroy the machinery."

I like this. I believe the name remains fixed.
SuQochchugh, naDevvo' pejaH jay'! :)

>> jo' Qaw'bogh QeH'a'

On second thoughts, this one needs no commentary, I think the first stands. :)

Qapla !!

Ford
       __  /  __  /  __  /  /  ____/  Daniel Noll aka Ford Prefect
      /   /  /   /  /   /  /  /       [email protected]
  __/    __/ __/__/ __/__/______/     Chaos: yIHo' 'ach yIQaw'

Back to archive top level