tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 17 11:14:18 1996

Re: Cannon for Multiple Consonants

> = ghItlh marqoS:

OK, that "sales trick" thing wasn't completely fair.
Sorry Lawrence, I didn't mean to discredit *you*. After
all The KLI web page, ftp and the mailing list are free.  (c:

>Note that if all the information in _HolQeD_ becomes available for
>free, then people will stop subscribing and the KLI will be unable to
>continue its role.  I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

I'd be happy with a list of postTKDian words and
grammatical rules in a nutshell. Some of that stuff
is given away on the mailing list anyway.

>Given the number of accumulated back issues, now might be a good time
>to consider offering collections of material previously published in
>_HolQeD_, all bound together in a single volume, for a significant
>discount over the individual back-issue rate. Is that doable?

Not a bad idea... I might even consider.

>As far as the whole copyright issue goes, it's murky water, and
>Paramount is guaranteed to interpret things in its favor wherever
>there's any doubt.

That's why I'm not a Klingon(tm) enthusiast.  Klingon(tm) is
not such a great fun as it could be as long as the Param Pix
casts its dark shadow on using the language.  Maybe I'll
change to T. Miller's Ferengi or something...

>-marqoS

Sa' qIQwI'

Back to archive top level