tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 17 10:50:13 1996

pIqaD

> Is pIqaD written across or up-and-down? <

>> I believe it's left to right (at least that's how itis on the cover of
HolQeD...) <<

Actually Mr. Truelove (aka bangteH) gave me a most excellent answer:

>>> When I met MO, he and I discussed this.  The informal resolution he came up
with was that it was written in the same fashion as Ancient Egyptian, i.e. in
any way the scribe desired and the space available permitted.  While his opinion
isn't printed anywhere, he did say it -- so I suppose it's canon.  <<<

Everyone agree?

Dave S.

Back to archive top level