tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 07 20:48:04 1996

Re: Met Mark O. once

bangteH writes:
>...has anything been released officially about the piQaD
>yet?  If so, where?!

Officially, the symbols used by Michael Okuda at Paramount have no
correspondence to specific sounds.  They are chosen more or less at
random for their aesthetic and artistic qualities.  Unofficially,
the KLI supports a particular mapping of pIqaD characters to the
twenty-six sounds/letters of tlhIngan Hol, with another ten glyphs
to represent the digits 0-9.  This mapping can be seen on the KLI
web site at http://www.kli.org/kli/pIqaD.html, and in at least the
old KLI promotional leaflet.

>And, as an aside, are there any complete fonts available??

Well, sure!  Hop on over to http://www.kli.org/kli/Merchant.html and
buy yourself a KLI Font Disk.  I quote from the web page:

        Font Disks: $13(US)/$15(elsewhere)
        Computer disks with the KLI's rendering of Klingon fonts.
        Each disk contains a "Klingonesque" Roman font, as well as
        another font containing both the Klingon lettering as used
        on the shows and an older purportedly Klingon lettering
        system which appeared in one of the Star Trek books. Note:
        the assignments of the letter-forms to the letters of Klingon
        have not been officially sanctioned by Paramount, though they
        are used pretty consistently within the KLI.