tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 07 18:55:25 1996

Re: Cannon for Multiple Consonants

>>> I would truly like that to be true. Best example: Try spelling "Ice Cream"
>>> using the Klingon alphabet:

>>>'ayS QIym

>>>'Twould be good if y were a dipthong[-forming semivowel],

>> Let me rephrase:  w and y form diphthong with the
>> vowel they are following.  aw and ay are diphthongs
>> aren't they?

> Ah. but I would disagree with the examples Ford(?) cited here.

Yes, my point was to say that that spelling was not legal. The only legal
spelling I _can_ find is {'aySa' QIyme'}, or something similar.

> So I'm not all that concerned with what you call things.  Call them voobles
> and Kronstints for all I care.

What do you mean? An African or European Kronstint?

Sorry, I had to do that

Ford

      _   /  _   /  _   /  /  ____/  Ford Prefect   aka  Daniel Noll
    ____/  _   /  /   /  /  /             [email protected]