tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 07 18:49:53 1996

Re: "outpost"?

>        It's qeylIS again (aka Lobo). I've got a question...
>        How would we say "outpost" in tlhIngan Hol?

In spite of being commonly used in TNG/DS9, there doesn't seem to be a
general word for "outpost" per se.

It's probably best to specify what kind of outpost it is:
	'ejyo'waw'	star base (Federation only?)
	mID		colony
	tengchaH	space station; spaceport (cf. Crispin's _Sarek_)
	waw'		base
	yaH		station, duty station

qech latlh ghaj'a' vay'?

 Steven L. Boozer              |    			 How many ages hence
 University of Chicago Library |    Shall this our lofty scene be acted over
 ----------------------------- |    In states unborn and accents yet unknown!
 [email protected]   |           (Shakespeare, Julius Caesar III.i)

Back to archive top level