tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 29 05:10:54 1996

Re: To and From

According to [email protected]:

> How would I say:  I translate from English into Klingon.

tlhIngan Hol vIlo'taHvIS, DIvI' Hol vImugh.

> I exchange Federation money for Klingon money.  {-vaD} refers to something
> "intended for."  And, I have trouble making that fit for this meaning.

Do you mean that you take your Federation money to someone and
receive Klingon money in exchange, or that you offer to others
that you will take their Federation money and give them Klingon
money? For this example, I presume the former.

tlhIngan Huch vISuqmeH, DIvI' Huch vInob.

> I have traveled from the forest to the city.

ngemvo' vengDaq jIleng. ngemvo' veng vIghoS.

> Perhaps these three are enough examples for me to learn how to express "from
> one point to another point."
>
> peHruS

charghwI'
--