tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 27 11:30:58 1996

Re: Hell hath no fury...

According to Eskil Heyn Olsen:
> I've always thought of the word in this context as the danish word "furie"
> which actually means "angry woman"/"ill-tempered woman", an old word not
> often used anymore, but makes absolutely sense IMHO in this context, used
> ambiquesly as "anger" and "angry woman". (and english and danish wasn't
> that far apart at that time).
>
> This probably makes translation a bit more difficult.

Not really. In fact, it makes it easier. "A woman whose lover
has refused her is angrier than all of women in ghe''or." Try
it out. It's another of those sentences which is more awkward
in English than in Klingon, so a natural rewording in English
would be "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

> | Eskil Heyn Olsen     |This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |
> |[email protected]|     subliminal (send money) messages (send money).  |

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \