tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 27 10:48:23 1996

Re: Hell hath no fury...

yI'Ij

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Garrett Michael Hayes wrote:

> > I think "scorn" in this context means "reject", and "fury" means
> > something like "fierce anger".
> Actually, "fury" may be a noun indicating an actual object in this
> context.  A Fury was a mythological creature.

I've always thought of the word in this context as the danish word "furie"
which actually means "angry woman"/"ill-tempered woman", an old word not
often used anymore, but makes absolutely sense IMHO in this context, used
ambiquesly as "anger" and "angry woman". (and english and danish wasn't
that far apart at that time).

This probably makes translation a bit more difficult.

| Eskil Heyn Olsen     |This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |
|[email protected]|     subliminal (send money) messages (send money).  |

Back to archive top level