tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 22 15:51:27 1996

Re: Oathing.

> >Ok now my request. I have to do the oathing of my daughter QI'tu' of
> >house quvro' to Marcus son of qoSneH, of house qolIQoS. If anybody can
> >email me a quick ceremony Id really appriceate it. Also after getting
> >only two editions of the Digest, I have come to the conclusion that even
> >my english is not good enough to study klingon yet. :)
>
> Try this Gramps.  "QI'tu' Saw'a' Marcus?  Marcus nay'a' QI'tu'?  vaj
> tlhoghraj wIghov."  "Marcus, do you marry QI'tu'?  QI'tu', do you marry
> Marcus?  Then we recognize your marriage."  Short, simple, to the point.

majQa'!
If you want to further rutualize this event you can have the both of them
grab the blade of a single knife (bleeding is optional) and say in
unison:
"wa' 'Iw. wa' qorDu'. wa' jagh."
"One blood. One family. One enemy."

Of course, upon the completion of of the ceremony I would expect a
HUMUNGUS roar from the spectators.

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level