tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 22 05:24:00 1996

'oH Harbe' (was: Re: KLBC double object verbs)

ghItlh Daniel ghunchu'wI' je:

>Daniel writes:
>>"Ich nicht wohne"="I not live(in a house)" or "I not reside", so in answer
>>to you question, no it means nothing.
>
>Obviously there's something that doesn't quite make the jump from one
>language to another, because these actually make sense to me.  They seem
>to mean "I am homeless" or "I am an itinerant" or perhaps "I am a nomad."
>My other question remains: whether or not it makes logical sense, is it
>actually nongrammatical?  (For example, "My eye eats five corners" is a
>legal sentence, even though it appears to be nonsense.)
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

*sigh*,

ghuy'Do, check me out on this. My Heimat sprache is a bit rusty:

Homeless (adj) = obdachlos, heimatlos
Itinerant (adj) = wandernd, umherziehend
Vagrant (n) = Landstreicher
Nomad (n) = Nomade

Ich nicht wohne = I not live *****. This is an incomplete sentence and
means nothing. It needs a location, ie; I don't live there, or here, or in
that house.

HIvqa''a' veqlargh ghunchu'wI'

Ooo! Almost forgot, doesn't the adverb "nicht" = not, carry the same
meaning of the Rover {-be'}  as in "It is unbelievable" = es ist nicht zu
glauben = 'oH Harbe' ('oH Harbe'wI' ??) Yes/No ??

quvHa'moHmeH ghogh lo'taHvIS jatlh *ghubtIyDubtIy:
mu' vIlo'taHvIS qech'e' vIwIvbogh neH ja' mu'vam 'e' vIHech.
rapchu' qech'e' ghajbogh mu' qech'e' vIwIvbogh je.
(Alan Anderson) - Lewis Carroll, _legh'eghmeHwI' 'el_

pabpo' ghaH *ghubtIyDubtIy*'e' - Soqra'tIS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

Back to archive top level