tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 22 07:08:39 1996

KLBC:Re double object verbs (EVEN MORE !)

nuqneH,
In digest 437, Marc Ruehlander's message, there is the word *chuvDIp* ...

which is more applicable to the Klingon sentence with only one object and "chuvDIp".

>From the context I assume that "chuvDIp" is supposed to mean "Left-over nouns".

Surely though, this is attempting to form a noun by adding a noun to a verb (an error which
I have been guilty of in the past !).

I was under the impression that the only way to change a verb into a noun was to add *wI'*
to one to simulate the English (and no-doubt American) *-er*.

You couldn't enlighten me could you ?

In digest 436 Mark A. Mandel concludes with ...

* * * gh  a  y  ch  a  '  !  !  !  * * *

   >>> HUH ? <<<

qatlho'taH,  nuqHm

Back to archive top level