tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 21 18:27:32 1996

Re: KLBC double object verbs

Daniel writes:
>"Ich nicht wohne"="I not live(in a house)" or "I not reside", so in answer
>to you question, no it means nothing.

Obviously there's something that doesn't quite make the jump from one
language to another, because these actually make sense to me.  They seem
to mean "I am homeless" or "I am an itinerant" or perhaps "I am a nomad."
My other question remains: whether or not it makes logical sense, is it
actually nongrammatical?  (For example, "My eye eats five corners" is a
legal sentence, even though it appears to be nonsense.)