tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 23 05:53:10 1996

Re: KLBC double object verbs

>Daniel writes:
>>"Ich nicht wohne"="I not live(in a house)" or "I not reside", so in answer
>>to you question, no it means nothing.
>
>Obviously there's something that doesn't quite make the jump from one
>language to another, because these actually make sense to me.  They seem
>to mean "I am homeless" or "I am an itinerant" or perhaps "I am a nomad."
>My other question remains: whether or not it makes logical sense, is it
>actually nongrammatical?  (For example, "My eye eats five corners" is a
>legal sentence, even though it appears to be nonsense.)
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

With my limited German, I can honestly say no. If you said:"Ich wohne nicht"
it would be "I don't reside" or "I don't live(in a house)". If you wanted to
say your homeless, you'd probably say:"Ich bin daklose", although you
shouldn't hold me to the spelling, it's easier learning Klingon.;-)

Daniel(19)

Back to archive top level