tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 18 11:12:17 1996

Re: The Finished stone???

 > I don't know that there's a good, simple word in Klingon.  Maybe use
 > something with "-beH": chenbeHmoHbogh nagh?  Maybe playing a little
 > fast with the meaning of "chenmoH"; since the stone isn't doing the
 > building,
 > but it *is* causing the building to take form... leghbeHlu'bogh nagh?
 > Ick... but something like that.  -beH is likely a Good Thing to use
 > here, if you can make it work.  And besides, how often do we get to use
 > -beH? But remember to translate the meaning.  "Finished" in this sense has
 > only a very weak connection to the ideas of "ta'" and "rIn" and "Qav".  We
 > call it
 > "finished" because it's the worker who's finished with them.  A better
 > word might be "worked."

The stone is finished and ready to join the other rocks that
make up a wall so.............

 Ok, how about using {lan} and {-beH}????
 The stone that is made ready to be placed."
                                    ^^^^^^^
 Hmmmmm.....thinking...

  nagh lanbeHmoHlu'bogh

 > ~mark
david
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * SaHbe' qeylIS, SaHbe' yay. qeylIS yISaH, yay yISaH.

Back to archive top level