tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 15 22:32:43 1996

Re: The Finished stone?????

> David Barron writes:
> >I am trying to figure out the a decent way of saying
> >"the finished/competed stone."
> >Context: as in a stone that a stone mason has worked on and
> >finished.
>
> >1) nagh ta'lu'bogh  <-I think this one works best
> I like this one
>
> >2) nagh Qav
> >3) bagh naQ
> not quite sure about these
>
> >Give it a shot.
>
> vInID:
>
> How about:  nagh rInlu'bogh
>
> I like {rIn} because the object has been accomplished, thus: the stone which
> someone has finished.
> While in {ta'} I get: the stone which someone is finishing.

Hmmmm..... I get your point.
I considered {rIn} for a while but somehow I kept
rejecting it....I am not sure why.

Grammarians, could you give it a shot?

> >david
>
> qatlho'
> Qapla'
>
> -Thiago Miranda
>
> P.S.- Because of the resent {'e' Xlu'} disscussion, I will try {nagh net
> rInlu'bogh}?

Sorry, but here {net} has to refer to a complete sentence and {nagh} is
a mere noun.

david (again)
--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level