tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 11 08:18:48 1996

Re: mu' <poH>: mu'meywIj Qav rIntaH

> This sounds *awfully* familiar.... where have I heard it before?  Oh yes,
> someone insisting that Be'lanna called Be'lanna a "be'taH", meaning
> "negative woman" and asking for comment, then deciding he would accept
> dispute only if Okrand called him up personally.  Nice to see people
> remembering the old standby ways of dealing with disagreement.
>
> ~mark

I was going to waste this mailing list's time with reams of text
describing how I accept Marc Okrand's rulings - which means that once
I see it in HolQeD, it's law, and that if the rules show that I've
goofed in writing a sentence, I'm honour bound to retract the
statement and write another with the equivalent meaning.

I decided against it. It would be pointless to waste my breath.
Either create or shut up. I'm bloody well _aware_ Marc Okrand isn't
going to have his sleep disturbed by some damnfool geek in Britain
who doesn't know where to put his 'e'.

It's criticisms which do nothing but vilify which have destroyed my
enjoyment of Klingon. If it wasn't for being inspired by _jatmey_,
I'd have burned my TKD and unsubscribed in disgust a _long_ time ago.

mev yap jay'

Alex
"Oh, my God, Professor! It's rampaging down 42nd Street! Guns won't stop it!" - nameless assistant
"I have a theory ... call me a fool if I'm wrong, but ... maybe if you were to load the guns with bullets ..." - Professor Commonsense
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level