tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 09 15:11:41 1996

No Subject

's comments on the use of {tlhob} to mean "ask a
question", and I wanted to share my opinion.  When you ask a question, are
you not asking *for* (something), even if it's only an answer or some
information.

In PK one of the jokes contains the following phrase to mean "They ask him
'Can we get to the Great Hall from here'".  lutlhob naDevvo' vaS'a'Daq
majaHlaH'a'  So then, I don't think we can call this use of {tlhob} to be
incorrect.

However, I do appreciate your effort to broaden my vocabulary in tlhIngan
Hol, so I can more fully experience the power and beauty of this awesome
language.  ter'eS qatlho'

-- qoro'nIn

Back to archive top level