tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 01 11:42:53 1996

KLBC: Some sentences for your grammatic eye

yI'Ij

A few beginning translations from my side, along with the
considerations I made to justify for whatever mistakes I may have made :

"I will soon be drunk"
{tugh jIchech}

Pretty straightforward, adjective and then "i am drunk".

"In the future I will be hungover"
{poH nI' juSpu' vaj jI'uH}

Ouch, the "in the future" was difficult. I hope my klingon sentence
can be translated as "When long time has passed, then I will be hung
over" (if the use of time as a object is allowed ?).

"I will continue to buy swords"
{'etlhmey jIje'bejlI'}

Plural swords followed by "I buy" with a continuation suffix. And at
some point I will stop buying swords.

"today you have sold me three perfect swords"
{DaHjaj wej 'etlh pup choje'ta'}

Used {-ta'} instead of {-pu'}, I presume he sold me the swords on
pupose :-)

"I seem to be lost in the green forest"
{ngem'a'Daq SuD DaqwIj jISovbe'law'}

Since I couldn't find a verb for "be lost", I ended with what
hopefully translates as "In the huge forest that is green, I
apparently do not know my location".

Qapla'

DaH rIn jabbI'ID

| Eskil Heyn Olsen     |This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |
|[email protected]|     subliminal (send money) messages (send money).  |

Back to archive top level