tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 06:49:30 1996

Exhaustive word list

> Many such lists exist, in the private collections of individual members
> of the KLI and this mailing list.  There is no *official* list of the
> post-TKD words (at least not yet).  The easiest way to obtain a (nearly)
> complete set of new words is to purchase a set of back issues of the
> KLI's quarterly journal, HolQeD.  Among the other useful articles there,
> one often finds lists of words revealed by such things as the audiotapes,
> the ST:Klingon CD-ROM, and even directly from Marc Okrand himself.

Since there is apparently a demand, and it would be easy for me to do so, I
volunteer to produce and maintain an exhaustive word list.  Everyone is invited
(requested) to send me your word lists at [email protected].  If I don't get any, I
will assume nobody cares.  If I do, I'll sort them and make them publicly
available, probably by publishing them on my web page.  Idioms would also be
useful, since they are often (near)impossible to translate in one direction or
the other.

taDI'oS vIq, Linguist to the Masses

Back to archive top level