tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 28 10:33:54 1996

betleH

Chet Braun wrote:

>...In the process of working out a number of sets for the betleH and practicing
>applications, attacks, blocks, and counter attacks I've come to the conclusion
>that the betleH is more usefull against weapons *other* than another betleH.
>Two betleHmey tend to get 'tangled' too easily.  Against a weapon like a
long Chinese
>spear the betleH is quite useful.
>
>All in all, though, it would not be my weapon of choice.  Sorry but some
Hollywood
>artsy fartsy type designed the betleH, not an experienced weapon maker and
martial artist.

Apparently you need more practice; tho I do admit that not all weapons are
good for everyone.  There are some weapons that I can't use that others can.
I think the betleH is good against other betleH and straight sword.

To conclude, the ST Encyclopedia states that the betleH was designed by
martial-arts expert Dan Curry (so they say).

qeylIS HoS vIghajjaj

DloraH

Back to archive top level