tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 13:26:11 1996

Re: betleH

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Roger Cheesbro wrote:

Chet Braun wrote:

>...In the process of working out a number of sets for the betleH and practicing
>applications, attacks, blocks, and counter attacks I've come to the conclusion
>that the betleH is more usefull against weapons *other* than another betleH.
>Two betleHmey tend to get 'tangled' too easily.  Against a weapon like a

tlhInganpu' *porghQeD wIyajchu''a'?  chay' SuvDI' tlhIngan vIH porghDaj
'e' wISov'a'?  "QaQbe' betleH" wIjatlhmeH yap'a' Sovmaj?

I was trying to say: Do we know enough about Klingon physiology to say
that "a bat'leth is no good for combat"?  I can't find a word for
physiology, so I used {porghQeD} for "body science", after {HolQeD} for
"linguistics".  Anyways my point was that even if we "bumbling Terrans"
get our bat'leths tangled, that doesn't mean that Klingons do because
their bodies may be constructed differently.

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}
Courage is a ship to the rescue

Back to archive top level