tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 25 20:25:24 1996

Re: Translating something rather non-klingon

mjukis <[email protected]> writes:
>i don't have TKD, until sometime august, but have to get by with various
>texts...

I do hope at least one of these "texts" tries to explain the grammar
correctly.  Working from simple word lists or even phrase translations
isn't going to be easy at all.

> i was wondering, how would i translate "softy"???

What does "softy" mean?  {tun} means "soft"; {tunwI'} would be "soft one".
There's also a Klingon word {pujwI'} "weakling".

My standard response to this sort of question is to discourage attempts
to translate individual words.  Instead, try to translate entire concepts.
Why do you want to use the word "softy" in the first place?  There might
be several different appropriate translations, depending on the context.